Are you worried about your rough and dry skin? Perhaps you can give a shot to milk bathing. Our milk bath recipe will do wonders for you.
A milk bath is the best solution to soften and moisturize your skin. Using only a few ingredients at your home, you can get an enjoyable and soothing milk bath. Its benefits can be increased by adding more moisturizing, anti-aging, and skin-shine ingredients.
With this simple remedy, you can protect your skin from different diseases like eczema, rashes, chickenpox, sunburn, and hives, and it also reduces itching and kills germs. Besides softening our skin, it also helps in relaxing our tired and exhausted bodies.
In this article, we will learn 15 easy homemade milk bath recipes for luxuriously soft skin.
15 Homemade Milk Bath Recipe
1. Bathing in Coconut Oil
Coconut oil brings a new life to your skin. Using it for your skincare has many benefits; it hydrates, smooths, works as anti-aging, is best for skin irritation, provides antioxidants, and makes a glow on your skin.
|Baking soda||1/2 cup|
|Coconut oil||15 – 20 drops|
|Powdered milk||1 ½ cup|
- Take a bowl and pour baking soda and coconut oil into it.
- Mix it well so that the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- After mixing these two ingredients well, put milk powder and stir it well.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container and use ½ cup – 1 cup for every bath.
2. Vanilla, Rose, and Salt Milk Bath
It is a perfect recipe for your skin and in a few minutes, you will be able to get a soothing soak. Many relaxing ingredients are used in this recipe that make your skin amazing.
Oats soothe your skin, milk softens it, buttermilk powder moisturizes your skin and many more wonderful components are included in this recipe.
|Baking soda||1 cup|
|Citric acid||½ cup|
|Corn Starch||¼ cup|
|Powdered buttermilk||½ cup|
|Bentonite Clay||1/3 cup|
|Colloidal Oatmeal||1/3 cup|
|Titanium dioxide||1 tablespoon|
|Cocoa Butter||1.5 tablespoon|
|Shea Butter||1.5 tablespoon|
|Fragrance oil||3 tablespoon|
|Vanilla||5 – 6 drops|
|Rose petals||1 tablespoon|
|Epsom salt||1 cup|
|Pink Himalayan salt||¼ cup|
- Take a large bowl.
- Place a large strainer with small holes on the top of the bowl and pour all the dry ingredients in the strainer.
- Now mix all the ingredients with a whisk. This way, you will get fine particles of all the ingredients in the bowl and they will be mixed well.
- Now take a small bowl and pour all the wet ingredients into it. Mix them well with the whisk.
- Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix them thoroughly.
- Mix it well with your hands too.
- Now, pure oats and rose petals and mix well with your hands.
- Leave it for four hours.
- Mix both types of salt in the mixture and mix well.
- Store them in small jars and use one jar for one use.
3. Mint Milk Bath
- Take a container and pour all these ingredients.
- Use a whisk to mix them well.
- Take the ingredients in the quantity that they make two jars.
- Keep them in any airtight containers that you like.
4. Coconut Powdered Milk Bath
|Coconut Powdered milk||1 cup|
|Colloidal oatmeal||1/4 cup|
|Epsom salt||¼ cup|
|Rose and chamomile petals||1/2 cup|
- First, wear gloves and take a container to mix the ingredients.
- Pour coconut powder into the container and mix it thoroughly with your hands so that all clumps are removed.
- Now put colloidal oatmeal and salt and mix again.
- It would be good to use the petals in ground form. So grind them in the grinder and put them into the mixture.
- Thoroughly mix all the ingredients using your hands so that no clumps can be made.
- Take clean glass jars and pour the mixture into them.
- You can use one jar for one-time bathing.
5. Milk Bath with Fresh Coconut
|Fine shredded coconut||1 cup|
|Creamed coconut||2 tablespoon|
|Essential oils||10 – 20 drops|
- Use a grinder to grind the shredded coconut to make it into powder form.
- Pour this powdered coconut and cornstarch into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Now put the essential oils and mix it again.
- Lastly, pour the coconut cream into the mixture and blend it well so that you get a powder-like mixture.
- Transfer this solution into an airtight jar and store in a fridge.
6. Oil Bath with Lavender
|Milk powder||1 cup|
|Oats powder||1 ½ cup|
|Baking soda||¼ cup|
|Sea salt||¼ cup|
|Lemon oil||10 – 15 drops|
|Lavender oil||15 – 20 drops|
|Lavender buds||2 teaspoons|
- Take a large bowl and pour milk powder into it.
- Now add oats powder and cornstarch into it and mix it well.
- Put baking soda and mix it again. It’s good to mix the ingredients one by one to make them a uniform mixture.
- Now take a small bowl and put the salt into it.
- Add oils to the salt and mix it with the help of a whisk.
- Now put lavender buds into the mixture and stir again.
- You will get a dry powdery mixture, and store it in airtight glass jars.
7. Goat Milk Bath
|Goat milk powder||3 tablespoon|
|Lavender buds||2 tablespoon|
|Colloidal oatmeal||2 tablespoon|
|Epsom salt||5 tablespoon|
|Sealable tea bags||5 pieces|
- Take a large bowl and pour Epsom salt, lavender, and chamomile oil into it.
- Wear gloves and mix the ingredients with your hands to get good results.
- When these ingredients are mixed well, pour goat milk powder into it.
- To get rid of clumps formation, mix the components with your fingers thoroughly.
- Now, add the lavender buds and colloidal oatmeal.
- After mixing the ingredients well with your fingers, place the mixture into jars.
- When you have to use this, fill the mixture into the teabags and seal its opening.
- Don’t fill the tea bags fully; otherwise, they will not mix into the bathing water properly.
- When you have to take bath, put one tea bag into the bathtub and enjoy a relaxing bath.
8. Honey Milk Bath
|Epsom salt||1 cup|
|Whole milk||1 cup|
|Honey||3 – 4 tablespoon|
|Lavender essential oil||4 – 6 drops|
- Pour the Epsom salt and honey into a glass bowl.
- Now warm the milk but make sure it’s not too hot, pour it into the jar to dissolve the ingredients.
- Stir the solution well.
- Pour the essential oils and mix again.
- Now store the solution in the airtight jar and keep it in the refrigerator.
9. Oatmeal Milk Powder Bath Recipe
|Milk powder||2 cups|
- Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them with your fingers.
- Now put them in the grinder to make a powder of the mixture. You will get a powder-like thing.
- Keep this in a safe place by putting it in an airtight container and using two tablespoons for every bath.
- Enjoy a soothing soak in a bath.
10. Our Oily House Milk Bath
This milk bath is very good for soothing your skin, helps with skin irritation, and is also helpful in relaxing and calming your body. You can enjoy this soak at night time before going to your bed or after a long hectic day.
|Powdered milk||2 cups|
|Baking soda||1/2 cup|
|Epsom salt – optional||Quarter cup|
|Lavender essential oil||10 drops|
- Grab a bowl and put the milk powder and baking soda into it.
- Blend these two ingredients well using your fingers.
- Pour the oil drops and if you like, you can add Epsom salt into it.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Now, store this relaxing bathtub in any container and use it according to the bathtub water.
11. Homemade Bubble Bath Recipe
Enjoy a soak in a silky, soft bath of milk which is a combination of milk bath and bubble bath. This recipe uses just four ingredients and makes gorgeous fluffy coconut-scented bubbles.
|Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate (SLSa)||20 grams|
|Coconut milk powder||60 grams|
|Baking soda||1/2 cup|
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and blend them well.
- You will get a powdery thing like a floor. Now grab some jars to store the milk bath ingredients.
- Place the mixture into the jars using a spoon.
- Whenever you have to use it, pour this mixture into the bathtub and turn on the water over it.
- The running water on the milk bath ingredients will make soft and pleasant-smelling bubbles.
12. Cappuccino Milk Bath Recipe
|Powdered milk||4 tablespoons|
|Baking soda||4 tablespoons|
|Instant coffee||4 tablespoons|
|Vanilla essential oils||5 drops|
- Place the powdered milk on the cutting board.
- Grab a rolling pin and grind the milk with it to break the clumps in it and make a fine powder.
- Add this milk into the mixing bowl.
- As the baking soda comes in fine powder so it doesn’t need more grinding. Add it also into the bowl.
- Now pour cornstarch into the mixture.
- As instant coffee comes with granulated particles so you will have to use the same technique to grind it with a cutting board and rolling pin.
- Blend all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Pour drops of vanilla oil into it and continue stirring.
- Place the mixture in the jars to use while bathing.
13. Vanilla Milkshake Bath Bomb
In this recipe, the milk bath ingredients are mixed together to make balls. The balls are easy to use in the bathtub.
|Baking soda||1 cup|
|Citric acid||½ cup|
|Milk powder||½ cup|
|Vanilla essential oil||½ teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||2 teaspoon|
|A bath bomb mold|
- Mix together citric acid, milk powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Pour both the oils and stir well.
- Gradually add water into it while stirring.
- When the mixture is ready, pour it into the bath bomb mold and press firmly.
- Gently take them out and keep them aside.
- Leave them to dry.
- After drying them, store them in airtight jars.
14. Milk Bath for Sensitive Skin
|Olive oil||1/2 cup|
|Milk powder||1/2 cup|
- Grab a bowl and pour egg, olive oil, and glycerine.
- Stir these ingredients well.
- Now put milk powder in another bowl and gradually add the egg mixture into it while stirring.
- You will get a smooth paste.
- Now add water into this mixture and stir well.
- Once the mixture is ready, store it in the fridge, and use it within 1 1/2 weeks.
- For each bath use ¼ or ½ cup solution.
15. Fresh Yogurt Milk Bath Recipe
This is one of the best recipes for dry and damaged skin. It nourishes and softens the skin with 20 minute soak in the bathtub.
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Powdered milk||1/2 cup|
|Fresh milk||2 cups|
|Epsom salt||1/2 cup|
|Essential oil||a few drops|
- Take a container with a tight lid and combine all the components into it.
- Close the lid of the jar tightly and shake it well.
- The recipe is ready but you must use it within 2 weeks.
- Store the jar in the refrigerator.
- You can use one cup milk bath for each use.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How to Make a Homemade Milk Bath?
Homemade milk baths can be made of different ingredients. If your skin is too much dry and milk powder, coconut oil or milk, eggs, or yogurt are the best components that you can add to your milk bath.
Combine all the ingredients and store them in an airtight container.
What are the Perfect Ingredients for a Milk Bath?
Fresh milk is the best ingredient in the milk bath. It is very helpful in softening your skin. Besides it there are a lot more components that can be added to make it more soothing such as baking soda, salts, honey, essential oils, and many more.
What Type of Milk Should Be Used for a Milk Bath?
Mostly cow’s milk is used to make milk baths because it is cheap and everyone can find it easily. To get the best results on your skin full fat or whole milk is perfect.
What Happens to Our Body After Bathing with Milk?
A milk bath is a bath in which you add any type of milk to your bathtub to soothe your skin and get rid of your skin irritation. The lactic acid of milk gently exfoliates the skin, makes your skin smooth and removes the signs of aging.
Is it Necessary to Take Shower After Milk Bath?
You can rinse your body using water only but don’t use soap or another cleanser to wash it. It’s a good idea to take shower before soaking in the milk bath.
What is the Function of Cornstarch in Milk Bath?
Cornstarch soothes skin irritation and leaves your skin soft and fresh with wrinkles and fine lines removed.
A milk bath is an easy method if your skin is suffering from irritation and has dried a lot. It softens and moisturized your skin and leaves it glowing. You can add any ingredient which is perfect for your skin like essential oil, powder milk, fresh milk, eggs, fruit juices, and many more.
Ingredients that contain protein and fat soothe skin. A warm bath in oil relaxes our nervous system and a warm soak before going to sleep is very helpful for people with sleep problems. So, every ingredient has its unique benefits and try out some of these milk bath recipe.